The creation of a worldwide empire, built on trade and military power is the goal of East India Company.
Epic sea battles take place in real-time, in both multiplayer and singleplayer, and will be fought to cement and enlarge the trade channels between Europe and the Far East. However, in order to hold the throne as the most successful conqueror, you must command and triumph in large scale sea battles. As captain of one of the participating ships, you can also throw yourself directly into the skirmishes, to fight for the rights of trading companies against the competition and gain complete control of the market in the Far East.
This Edition of East India Company includes beside the enhanced Designer’s Cut version the expansion packs:
- Pirate Bay
- Battle of Trafalgar
In East India Company, players will enjoy building the World's most powerful trading empire & engaging in vigorous battles in both single player and multiplayer modes, all within a breathtaking cinematic game environment.
Players will fight, manage, and rule nations from Europe to the Far East with eight nationalities to chose from: British, Dutch, French, Danish, Portuguese, Swedish, Spanish, and the Holy Roman Empire. Starting modestly, you will build your fleet, establish connections to far away countries, and keep the rivaling nations at bay. Choose from a wide array of ship classes, including a variety of transport and military vessels. Create diverse fleets and assign each of them specific trading routes. Control and upgrade well situated ports as you form your strategy for domination.
Conflicts and wars are inevitable. When hostile fleets engage each other, the spectacular naval battles are fought from a real-time tactical level. For greater tactical depth, command your ship and give independent orders to each of your fleets. Fight against the other European powers to create a trading empire that will rule above all others!
- Cinematic and epic naval battles with over 10 realistic ship types
- Two Command Modes: Give orders to all your ships in RTS or take the helm of a single ship in Direct Command-mode; hire fleet commanders who will gain skills
- Unique combination of war and trading as well as state of the art diplomacy AI
- Eight playable nations: France, England, The Netherlands, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, the Holy Roman Empire and Spain
- Take over ports and protect your shipping routes to create largest trading empire
The Gold Edition contains all expansion packs:
- Pirate Bay with additional campaign as pirate captain
- Battle of Trafalgar with historically detailed recreated background as well as 5 real-life naval commanders from the era, including Admiral Lord Nelson, French Admiral Pierre Villeneuve and Spanish Admiral Federico Gravina
- Privateer: two Privateer campaigns, 2 additional multiplayer modes: Breakthrough and Beehive, new specialists such as the surgeon, cook, constable, and marine officer, who can be used to boost the abilities of your fleets., new commander skills